Mr. Faber co- founded C-Job Naval Architects in 2007 as he wanted to make a difference in the global maritime industry. Since then, many ship owners and shipyards have benefitted from the services and ship designs offered by C-Job.
As a son of an Inland Cargo Vessel captain, Mr. Faber became passionate about sailing and other vessel types from an early age. He holds a B.Eng. in Naval Architecture and a MSc. In Technology Management. After several assignments at different shipyards and engineering companies, he became the ‘Head of Design Department’ at Vuyk Engineering Groningen. A role he continued to be involved in with his role as Managing Director of C-Job Naval Architects.
C-Job is the largest independent Ship Design and Engineering company in the Netherlands. Established 10 years ago, the company now employs more than 100 in-house maritime engineers and naval architects in four offices. With a multidisciplinary and hands-on approach, C-Job provides solutions to empower ship owners, operators and shipyards worldwide. C-Job performs the full design and engineering scope for newbuild vessels, as well as helping you upgrade an existing fleet by smart modifications, retrofits and conversions. C-Job is renowned for ground-breaking vessels in a broad range of maritime sectors. Some recent projects:
- Concept Design of 5 Electric ferries for GVB Amsterdam
- Concept & Basic Design for CNG-Electric RoRo ferry ‘Texelstroom’ of TESO
- Building Supervision at shipyard for operator TESO
- Mooring analysis & Structural conversion for double-ended ferry
- Scrubber installation & retrofit analysis for RoPax ferry
- Concept & Basic Design of 216m Offshore Wind Installation Vessel ‘Orion’ for GeoSea
- Concept Design for 15.000 m3 LNG Dual Fuel TSHD ‘Bonny River’ for DEME
- Concept Design for 17.000 m3 TSHD ‘Vox Amalia’ of Van Oord
- Multiple Conversions & Modifications of various types of vessels
- In-house R&D regarding: LNG, CNG, Ammonia as ship’s fuel, waste heat recovery, steel weight & payload optimization, shallow water optimization, Genetic Algorithms to accelerate Concept Design, using AIS data to optimize ship design, Integration of Mission Equipment and Wind Assisted Propulsion.